Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall 2011


The semester is getting under way and it is shaping up to be a good one.  This is my first Fall semester here at George Mason University, so it is exciting to see the beginning of the school year.  I have never seen so many Patriots!  I think there are at least 20% more students here than I've ever seen before!

I'm taking Money & Banking with Philip Wiest, Statistics 350 with John Miller, Intermediate Macroeconomics and Introduction to Computing.  For Money & Banking, we're using a Frederic Mischkin book, The Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets, so I'm pretty excited about that.  He co-wrote the Inflation Targeting book with Bernanke and was a governor of the Federal Reserve before returning to teach at Columbia University.  Here's a recent video of him on Bloomberg:


No comments:

Post a Comment